Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hummingbird Feeders

     Sadly it's the end of the hummingbird season here; the little fellows (we seemed to have more of them this year than ever) have all migrated to warmer climes, so it's time to take down the feeders. Early in the summer, my old  feeder cracked so I went to buy a new one. I saw a delightful one at a nearby store that cost $29 and it was only copper wire and glass feeding tubes. Replacement tubes were only about two dollars so I bought two and then went to the hardware store and bought four feet of copper wire for sixty cents, did some wirebending, stuck in some ivy and I think they looked pretty nifty. Apparently the hummers did too because we had quite a few visitors.

     Even though it is lamentable to remove these tokens of summer, I will soon be diverted and cheered by replacing them with the charming decorations of the harvest season.



No comments:

Post a Comment