Friday, February 11, 2011

George Lloyd Murphy


     Since my last post included a reference to genealogy, I thought to include a story that might help further my research. I had always known that the actor/senator, George Murphy, was a relative but what I did not know was our common ancestor. That line of the story was rather easy to fill in: my great-great-grandparents were George's grandparents. Jeremiah Long, who was born in Ireland, and his wife, Jane Hartigan Long, had several children, including Nellie and Nora,  my great-grandmother and George's mother respectively. What remains to be discovered, is the continuation of George's family (recently I connected with another distant cousin and we have had some fascinating discussions via e-mail about our families and ancestors). Would so love to have contact with Dennis Murphy and Melissa Murphy, or their families, to know them and to find out if perhaps they have information I can add to my file on Jeremiah and Jane.

A beautiful family portrait!

Photos from Say..Didn't You Used to be George Murphy?

1 comment:

  1. We are watching Rise and Shine, which starred Senator Murphy. Funny movie. Lots of fun.
    http://michaelspappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete