Monday, August 1, 2011

And More Peaches - Peach Amaretto Cakes

     The local farmers' market had lots of fresh produce to tempt us but none as much as these luscious peaches. Despite their very large size, they were perfectly ripened and sweetly juicy, and actually the size appealed to me because I intended to use them for cooking. After peeling and dicing, only two of the fruits were needed for the cake recipe I had chosen. Midway through mixing the ingredients I decided that because of the extreme heat of yesterday morning, cupcakes would be a more prudent choice - eighteen minutes of baking time versus an hour. (The record-setting heat wave that is broiling this pocket of the midwest has stymied all baking in my kitchen for quite awhile but the peaches inspired a defiance against common sense and a yearning to resume a favorite pastime.) Seconds and even thirds were requested by the dessert-eaters last night, and if I hadn't savored one straight from the oven earlier, a second would have been on my plate too!

No comments:

Post a Comment