Friday, October 7, 2011

Discovering Cross Stitch

     Grandmother introduced all five of her granddaughters to various types of sewing projects. As the only one who continues to enjoy embroidery, I have amassed several boxes of floss and aida cloth, books and patterns, needles and hoops. When I started a Halloween project recently, Rissy was present while I hunted for the correct color of floss. In one of the boxes, she found some squares of cotton fabric stamped with simple cross-stitch designs and immediately asked if she could have them and if I would teach her. I was rather dumbfounded but extremely pleased at her interest. I was even more thrilled when she persisted at her project for the better part of an afternoon and several more in the following weeks. Growing up and growing away from her own Grandma has been delightfully postponed for a short while.

No comments:

Post a Comment