Monday, January 23, 2012

Wall Decals

      My mother had the interior of her house painted recently and did not want to rehang the multiple framed portraits that had graced this wall for quite a few years. She could find no replacement that pleased her, so when I happened upon an idea during an on-line search, I hurried to the local arts and crafts store and perused their stock of art prints, posters and wall decals. Nearing the end of the display bins, I began to think my search was in vain and then, I found it - the perfect piece of art for that hallway. In a poster-sized package were a set of letter and illustrative decals that defined the core of Mom's life. In mid-January, after the holiday crush, I measured, marked horizontal and vertical guidelines (which took some thought and time) and then applied the decals (which was the simplest and most enjoyable part of the process!) The results were most pleasing, better than I had hoped, even considering the obstacle of an ill-placed thermostat.

No comments:

Post a Comment