Sunday, July 15, 2012

Cucumber Water (My Drink of the Summer)

     On a recent local garden tour, we enjoyed viewing several beautiful water gardens and met lots of lovely friendly people (gardeners who welcome visitors usually epitomize that category of humankind.) In one particular backyard, the homeowners had set up a small table of simple refreshments and beverages.  One pitcher held the standard lemonade and the other held something of which I was unfamiliar: cucumber water, which was merely slices of cucumber infused in water with a few drops of lemon juice added. On this day of new experiences and tropic temperature, the icy drink interested me. After one sip, I was hooked and have made a new batch every weekend since. It is especially appropriate now that my cucumber plants are producing fruit at a furious pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment