Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Interest in Pinterest

     At the moment, Pinterest is the third largest social network online, succeeding only Facebook and Twitter. It may be a temporary fad but I too am following the craze (though not in a fanatic way like some pinners). Having always loved magazines and often clipping pictures or articles to save, Pinterest allows me to collect similar items in a neat and simpler fashion. My boards include mostly home and garden decorating ideas, myriad inspirations for photography, craft, and holiday projects, and a couple of miscellaneous interests.
     What has emerged from this collection? At first it was just fun but one day as I perused my pins, patterns of significance began to emerge. I never pinpointed a particular style for my fashion or decorating sense because my interests seemed so varied, but those gathered pins indicated otherwise. The characterization of my online collections has given me a little more insight into who I am, what I really like and where I am most comfortable. I like that feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment