Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Boo-tiful Cookies

     These were a quick fix. In the past, I made the grand kids occasional treats or special holiday cookies but now they live too far away to drop things off on the way to work or church.We were meeting for lunch this past Sunday and I hadn't seen them in quite awhile, so I wanted to bring something. There wasn't time to do any baking or shopping but I did have a box of Girl Scout Thin Mints in the freezer, so I pulled them out and mixed up a small batch of white frosting, which was easy to pipe on the cookies. Spirals with a toothpick drawn through became spiderwebs, two circles topped with chocolate chips made leering eyeballs, and the word "Boo" was accented also with chocolate chips. 
     There was one major problem, however - stupid me FORGOT to bring the box to lunch!! Oh well, the three neighbor kiddos thoroughly enjoyed their spooky cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment