Monday, July 25, 2016

Simply Potato Salad

     Potato salad is a top favorite of my husband and he especially likes it made the way my mother did for decades. Her recipe is quite plain, which makes the preparation relatively simple. Cooked red potatoes (sometimes I use Idaho Russets because that's what we happen to have in the pantry), celery, pimento, hard-boiled eggs, and a dressing of Miracle Whip mixed with a touch of mustard, salt and pepper. Mom didn't care for onions in salads and I follow her rule in this instance, unless there are a couple of green onions available. Occasionally I will add a chopped sweet pickle, and in the early summer a few leaves of homegrown romaine lettuce add a special touch, as well. And there is just enough room on the plate for a tender grilled fillet mignon or barbecued pork steak!

No comments:

Post a Comment