Saturday, August 5, 2017

August Morning Color

    On weekend mornings, I go exploring in the gardens with my camera. Why? Because there is no time during the work week to pay any attention to the growing elements, so with the passage of seven days many changes occur - some subtle and some striking - but all intriguing. Today I found one of my favorites, an artemisia at its peak, lush and feathery and fully living up to its name, Silver Mound. The purple petunias behind and the white alyssum to the front contrast nicely.

     Yellow banana peppers are bright but glow even more when highlighted by the rising sun. I hate to pick them because the plants have such a delightful appearance, tall verdant greenery hung with myriads of peppers, almost like a summer Christmas tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment