Sunday, July 15, 2018

The Elusive Photo - Hummingbirds

     These little buggers drive me crazy. I love 'em - they're beautiful - they're enchanting - but they are a huge challenge to photograph. For years, I have tried with no real success; the rapidly beating wings and constant flitting defeated me every time, precluding a crisp, clear image. (My goal as always is the use of natural light and background, and no photoshop filters or effects.) This morning, I took my coffee and my camera outside, sat on a porch step behind a patio chair and took aim. After waiting patiently, I was rewarded with a visit from this guy. He didn't stick around long but I got about twenty  quick shots, holding my breath the entire time. These two photos were the best of the lot - not very good but still better than any taken previously. 
I am still on a mission...I am determined to conquer this challenge!



No comments:

Post a Comment