Saturday, August 18, 2018

First-Day-Of-Kindergarten Dress

   
     There are lots of stories this week about the first day of school, which evoke memories of my own. One of the most vivid spans nearly a decade in the 1960's. Three of my sisters and myself attended our first day of kindergarten in the exact same dress - a full skirted, blue and green cotton plaid. Pictured above are the youngest sisters in 1963 and 1967 (I couldn't find photos of us older ones).

     Those were the days when, obviously, clothes were passed down as they were outgrown. A side note to this story is that our little brother did not want to start school because we told him he had to follow tradition and wear the dress too. Poor little kid - we loved him so much but we did tease him unmercifully. I think he has forgiven us by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment