Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Zombie Baby


     A doll found at a garage sale inspired this project. I had seen pictures of zombie dolls used for Halloween props and hoped to try making my own at some point. This fellow seemed perfect for the project, especially since his body held a now-nonfunctional voice recorder that weighted him enough to sit securely on the front porch swing without being blown off by autumn winds. Rissy was eager to help and the first step was to color his face and extremities black with acrylic paint. When completely dry, we dipped a rag in white paint and rubbed it over the black to get a 'decomposed' look, leaving the lips blood red. The brown eyes were left untouched also and because they were movable, added an eerie touch. A striped shirt and blue pants completed his ensemble and while Rissy, who doesn't like clowns, thought them appropriate, I think next year I will dress my zombie boy in blood-stained tatters.


No comments:

Post a Comment