Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Water War with the W's


     A warm sunny Saturday lured me into the backyard to weed and water the gardens. The usual August steam bath never arrived this year, making any yard work delightful. On this particular day however, a small army had mobilized on the other side of the fence so I had to delay gardening and defend myself. I hurried back to the garage and found a water blaster, filled it with water from the pool and launched a counterattack.  I was outnumbered three to one, and though my clothes and hair were pretty drenched, I never admitted defeat. At lunchtime we called a truce and put down our artillery to go inside our respective homes. And despite some ardent pleas,  I had to decline a later rematch so I could get some work done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment