Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Sweet Millions

     Not talking dollars here but if we were, I'd like them to grow on this plant. - a variety of cherry tomatoes, Sweet Million, which is aptly named. The indeterminate vines on the side of my house reach the roof and would grow over it if I allowed them, and most of the clusters are incredibly large. I love growing them up a twine trellis because the fruit is easy to reach, weeding is not even an issue, and squirrels never seem to bother them.



     Harvesting these little beauties can last for weeks and this year I have so many that I will be drying some for later use. But for now I enjoy a daily lunch of fresh picked tomatoes, cucumbers and either dill or chives - such a big plus that something so tasty is also so healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment