Thursday, January 16, 2014

DIY Hanging Pot Rack

     Another of my "keep busy and don't despond" projects resulted in this pot rack that hangs above the kitchen sink. I'd often thought this might be a good idea, especially since cabinet space in my kitchen is barely adequate, but:
#1. I didn't want any of the window  view blocked
#2. I didn't want the lovely natural light impeded
#3. Despite the airy vaulted ceiling, I was afraid it would look cluttered.

   
     However on a Christmas house tour, a featured kitchen smaller than mine included a similarly-placed rack and all of my fears were allayed. A short time later, fifteen dollars and a trip to the hardware store provided the scant materials; a five foot piece of electrical conduit, a pack of ceiling hooks (with toggle bolts included) and several packs of S hooks. Oh, and I splurged on end caps - $1.79 apiece for brushed nickel cabinet knobs that matched the existing ones in the kitchen and were glued on each end of the conduit.
     Now my pans are always within easy reach and I have a cabinet freed up for other uses. Even husband, who was skeptical upon hearing my plan (and who has taken up quite a bit of cooking in recent months), admits that he likes the arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment