Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My Krispie Valentine

     Usually for Valentine's Day, I make cut-out cookie hearts to ice and decorate but not this year. Something different appealed and how simple but attractive they were! Everyone is familiar with the classic recipe for Rice Krispie Treats and no one dislikes them; I added a couple drops of red food coloring to the melted marshmallows and butter to give the treats a pink tint. After using a cookie cutter to create heart shapes, I also sprinkled a little red sparkly sugar over the tops. 
     The individual hearts fit nicely into sandwich bags that were decorated with heart stickers, and were easy to give as gifts. (Oh and Pop was very pleased with the leftover scraps, even though I saved a couple hearts for him as well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment