Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Man Cave - Signed In

     A new home for Michael and family meant a basement room designated for the boys (men are included in this broad category because, as we all know, the only difference is in the price of their toys.) While at the moment, walls and floor are concrete, and furnishings at a minimum, I know there are big plans for future embellishment. However, for Mike's birthday I gave him a piece of wall art that displays required conduct of visitors, friends and family.
     The backing is a smooth piece of 1/8 inch birch that I painted black; the words were generated on my PC and printed on  four pieces of card stock, which were cut to size and decoupaged onto the panel. Because I wanted a good protective finish as well as an attractive appearance, I applied four coats of Mod Podge matte sealer. Finally two holes were drilled at the top corners and a length of black cord was threaded through and knotted to serve as a hanger. Project finished - son pleased with his newest piece of decor!



1 comment: