Monday, March 10, 2014

Sweater Repurposing - Ankle Warmers

     This beautiful wool cardigan was a favorite of mine for several years but it had acquired a few moth holes and become misshapen (wider and shorter) so I figured it was ready for either the trash bin or a charity box. 


     However the sleeves were in good shape so my frugal nature kicked in. With sewing shears, I cut a nice straight line across both, level with the wrist edges. (Because the pattern on the lower part of the sweater was so pretty, I also cut it off to save for a later project.) After folding the ends under, and fashioning a cuff, I slip stitched each to keep them in place, and add a big leather/brass button for embellishment.


    These are called ankle warmers on Etsy and Pinterest, but they almost transform my comfortable leather shoes into sweater boots. I love 'em!


No comments:

Post a Comment