Monday, January 5, 2015

Jingle Bell Reflections

     Packing away holiday decorations is a sad task in our house. The season seems an awfully short time to enjoy the special colors, sounds and smells we enjoy so much. However, I often pause and reminisce while wrapping certain treasures in preparation for storage, and often a little cheer is restored. Case in point is this framed photograph. The jingle bell frame was a gift from dear friend, Trudi, which initially I deemed rather garish but because I love Trudi, I packed it away and hoped that someday I might reconsider. Which I did! Recently coming across an old photo of me and my three younger sisters with Santa, I thought immediately of the frame. I enlarged the photo, slipped it behind the glass and was delighted with the juxtaposition of the innocence and joy of a childhood Christmas, and the sparkly, jingly bells. (And I remember that photo session in 1960 - there was a fan blowing to help Santa keep his cool and little Judy's hair kept blowing in her face!)

No comments:

Post a Comment