Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Scant Snowfall = Exquisite Photo Ops

     In mid-November, an early front brought a morning of flying snow flakes. When the flurries ended with just a scant accumulation,  I stepped outside with my camera, not really expecting any outstanding photographic opportunities. However, I wandered around the back yard and took a few shots, which, when viewed later inside on an HD monitor,  were very pleasing. Instead of conventional winter scenery, I had chosen to take close-up shots. Since it was early in the winter (or technically, late in the fall!), several types of foliage still lingered on trees, shrubs, flowers and grasses and these had captured the snowflakes in quite an appealing manner. The varied textures were fascinating and the flora's earthy hues highlighted the pristine white of the tiny drifts. I was enchanted with effect.




No comments:

Post a Comment