Monday, March 16, 2015

Headboard-To-Shelf Transformation

     A short while ago, I posted about my new upholstered headboard, which was the first step in my bedroom rehab. The plan was to take apart the old headboard shelves, cut the pieces to size, and reassemble with the narrowed shelf attached atop the existing nightstand. This required meticulous measurement and calibration, as I wanted the new shelf unit to match the height of the dresser-top mirror. The thirty year old suite of furniture was all beautiful hardwood and sturdily built so the careful deconstruction took longer than the rebuild!

 
     Well everything went swimmingly - which was quite a surprise. The addition of  some framed artwork and new swing-arm lamps completed the project, and I was more than pleased - I can't stop admiring the fresh look, and especially love the new lamps.

(Before)

No comments:

Post a Comment