Thursday, April 16, 2015

Nutella Cookie Bars

     I have never bought or even tasted Nutella, much to the amusement of my co-workers, who relish it. When I saw a jar on sale in the grocery store, it was because of those devotees that I picked it up. And when I needed to bake a dessert for a recent event, the hazelnut chocolate spread became the main ingredient. A quick Internet search revealed lots of recipes, but only one used simple ingredients that were already in my pantry. These cookie bars use a simple butter-sugar-flour-egg base that is patted onto the pan bottom and then spread again over the Nutella middle - easy-peasy! 
     Luckily I saved a few bars to share at work the next day (they didn't last long!)

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...this will be my next Nutella adventure

    ReplyDelete