Saturday, November 18, 2017

Bread Cook Book from BHG

     These days when I need a recipe, more often than not, I do a search on my iPad; allrecipes and cooks.com are favorites but sometimes Pinterest is a good place for inspiration as well. However nothing beats thumbing through cookbooks. My collection is varied, from hardbacks to softcovers to spiral bound to a dozen notebooks of clippings and copies. This magazine-type book has held up well, considering that it is a favorite and is oft used. It contains the basics of bread making, and has bread and roll recipes that range from simple to complicated, a sweet and a savory section, and a few other categories - all in a concise format. Lots of the tried recipes have notes and/or substitutions penciled in. It is my absolute go-to and the basis for almost any baking project that I undertake
     Considering the fact that this book was published in 1973, it confirms that good baking is pretty timeless! The only problem lies in choosing what to make on this chilly Saturday?!



No comments:

Post a Comment