Friday, January 21, 2011

The BIG Snow of 2011

      There are many parts of the world where snow is a common occurrence, where even lots and lots of snow is unremarkable, but here in my corner of the world anything more than an inch or two is uncommon and outrageously compromising. Schools close, offices are shuttered, streets become 'dangerous' and the public are urged to delay any travel plans. Yesterday we measured ten inches in the front yard so obviously it wasn't just a snow storm it was a snow outrage - St. Louis area residents had to struggle mightily.

     Nikki and I preferred to enjoy rather than battle. After shoveling and a little photography, we played tag and had a game of "catch the snowball midair". By then my fingers were positively numb so I had to bid my snowdog good-bye while I escaped indoors for some dry clothes and a cup of hot chocolate. He, of course, would have no part of absconding the outdoors so his parting look was quite wistful.


No comments:

Post a Comment