Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hot Sauce Shelf

     A few years ago, Pop started collecting hot sauces. We use two or three regularly but of course those are in the refrigerator - I guess the rest are just for show. When the lineup of bottles threatened to overtake the top of the cabinet, I demanded, I mean asked, Pop to build a shelf according to my specifications; he complied willingly but it was rough edged and unfinished. I took it down, puttied the plywood edges, sanded and painted it to match the newly finished cabinets (another story), and now it looks like part of the cabinetry. The shelf is just deep enough for the bottles and I do have to admit they look attractive in the bright kitchen. In addition, I understand there are health benefits to spicy foods. Chile or hot wings, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment