Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day Thoughts

     Dad had immense potential. He was very intelligent, articulate, artistic, charming and attractive - so many adjectives for a man whose efficacy was never fully realized. Thwarted dreams and life's demands destroyed him as much as the disease of alcholism. My siblings and I have been able in recent years to overlook the bad years and remember the good years fondly. Dad died too young to witness the evolution of his progeny; sadly, only the oldest grandchildren remember him.

     Now I am reminded of Dad often because I recently framed his military casket flag and placed it on a shelf above the window in my computer room. Therefore it is extremely visible and presents a somewhat sad but noble presence in the room. He is always with me but never more than when I spend time in this room.

No comments:

Post a Comment