Saturday, June 22, 2013

Tim and Rissy - Chefs of the Day

     I acquired Tim as a nephew by marriage when he wed my beloved niece, Amy. With his good humor and loving nature, the dear fellow has become a highly regarded family member. He is also an accomplished chef, therefore when he honored me with a recipe request, I was quick to reply. And since I had chicken breasts thawing for dinner with no fixed preparation plan as of yet, I decided to use that very same recipe, which happens to be a favorite of Pop's anyway.
     Rissy was spending the afternoon with me and was eager to help - she actually dipped the breasts into milk and then the Ritz crumbs/cheddar cheese mixture, arranged them in an oiled baking pan and slid them into the oven. She chose broccoli for a side and then mixed up a batch of cornbread to bake alongside the chicken. At serving time, Rissy photographed her Crispy Cheddar Chicken as it still sizzled in the pan. When we removed the breasts and the broccoli to the dinner plates, she clicked another picture and handed the camera back to me. I snapped one more photo as she sampled a cheesy crumb from Pop's plate. Thank you, Tim and Rissy - yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment