Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Halloween Cutout Cookies

     Sister, Mae, gave me these cookie cutters a couple of years ago and I treasure them as much as my Christmas ones. However I will admit that I don't use the cat because it reminds me more of  the fictional character, Hello Kitty, than of a frightful Halloween feline.


     I mixed up the dough on Friday evening and refrigerated it, then rolled, cut and baked the cookies after breakfast on Saturday morning. Since I made about six dozen cookies (part of the batch was going to Mom and friends at her assisted living home, part to the grand kids, and part for us), I kept the decoration simple - orange frosting on some of the pumpkins, and orange features applied to the bats and the remaining pumpkins. A homemade piping bag (ziplock sandwich bag with a corner snipped off) makes this sort of task even simpler because it's disposable. 


     Below are a few of the finished products - a pre-Halloween project that has become a tradition, although the results vary from year to year!


No comments:

Post a Comment