Tuesday, June 9, 2015

My Life and My Herbs - Out to Dry

     Interested observers will note that I have not posted since April's end and it is now June. A  low mood and a persistent feeling of sadness seemed to cause a continual disinterest in my usual creative spirit, and the writer in me was repressed. So many things I'm trying to shake off: missing my family, the death of my mother, the perpetuation of racist claims by the media and the sensationalism of anti-police sentiment, weight gain causing depression and depression causing compulsive eating habits (and non-interest in exercise.)
.
     So I'll stop there and with the beginning of summer, vow to improve what I can. First resolution is that I WILL write and/or photograph daily. Today involves the lovely task of cutting herbs from the garden and drying them on very low heat in the oven. The freshly cut oregano and basil leaves are so simple and attractive as they are arranged on a tray and soon the house has a savory smell that is quite pleasant. The gifts of earth can be very uplifting.


No comments:

Post a Comment