Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Art of Dance

     Rissy was born with a natural grace and has become a most beautiful dancer. During her performances at a recent recital, it was vexatious not to have my DSLR and a tripod but I struggled through with my compact Coolpix. Of course, the action shots were blurry but a few of the others emerged acceptable, especially with some Photoshop help. Four of the best shots were combined in the montage below for the my office desktop. My favorite of those is the candid pre-recital shot of the ballerina wearing mismatched dark socks and rumpled tulle. 


     Photoshop is also responsible for the allure of the photo at right. I extracted Rissy from the background and the other jazz dancers, and applied a painting filter. She loved the effect (even though she did NOT like the costume because, "It makes my belly look fat!")

No comments:

Post a Comment